The high infection risk associated with the Coronavirus has put us all on high alert. The talk about safety is at the forefront once again, guiding our every decision, and it is no different at Fraccaro Dental Group. As always, the health and safety of our patients is an important aspect of our dental procedures, but what is different is the routine practices at our clinic. In an ongoing effort to break the chain of infection, we have instituted revised treatment processes and enhanced infection control practices that are religiously being followed by our staff.
Since fighting this pandemic demands the cooperation of all, we request our visitors and customers to abide by our in-clinic COVID-19 protocols. However, you will always have our complete assistance to help you and your loved ones adjust to our new protocols without confusion or hassle. We want all our patients and staff to feel safe when they are inside our clinic, and we aim to do our very best to ensure that.
In full compliance with the Provincial Government and advisory issued by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, we have equipped our staff and clinic with all the resources necessary to prevent the spread of infection. This includes hand sanitization stalls, tissues, disposable masks, posters displaying our new safety and in-clinic etiquette. All our staff and dentists wear personal protective equipment (PPE). We are also emphasizing proper aseptic technique and sterilization, cleaning and disinfection process, proper hygiene, advanced risk assessments for both patients and staff, as well as a number of environmental and administrative controls.
Our updated safety measures include:
1. Patients are required to wear masks at all times, except during treatment. If you don’t have a mask, we will provide you.
2. Temperature checks and health screening is mandatory for both patient and staff before entering the clinic.
3. HEPA air filters have been installed in our clinic and dental operatories to provide you with surgically clean air inside.
4. Our operatories are fully enclosed, given the aerosol-generating nature of dental procedures, which can put people at risk.
5. Social distancing will be in effect within the clinic also, except during the dental procedures, as proximity is required to efficiently perform dental screening and procedures.
6. To avoid jeopardizing the social distancing norms, we will be scheduling a limited number of patients every day for treatment. Also, you may experience increased wait time due to our enhanced disinfection process between each patient. Your cooperation is appreciated during the time.
7. We are also encouraging our patients to opt for teledentistry options, when possible, which involves the use of technology to provide certain types of dental services. However, if a patient doesn’t find this option suitable for his dental concern, he or she can always schedule an in-person consultation.
Have questions about our COVID-19 protocols? Get in touch with us for more information.
Fraccaro Dental Q&A - Find Answers to Your Questions
Do you want to keep your dental and oral health on track? Don’t shy away from asking all your dental concerns and worries. Dr. Chris Fraccaro from Fraccaro Dental Group is here to answer your questions with a touch of healthy humour. Check out our website regularly for new Q&A uploads, and if you want to ask a question, there are many ways you can do so. You can DM us on our Facebook or Instagram handle. Want to book an in-person consultation? Book your appointment today.
Why Am I Experiencing Toothache? How Can I Relieve Pain?
Can Brushing Too Hard or Using a Toothbrush With Rough Bristles, Harm My Teeth?
How Is My Nail Biting Habit Damaging My Teeth?
Why Do My Cavity Problems Keep Returning? Is Snacking a Reason?